Step 1. REGISTER
(only for 1st
TIME USERS) –Do not register a new account if you already had one…TRANSITION your account. After logging into the modernized VMIS for the first time, the volunteer will be asked to fill out extra profile information.
1. Go to https://vmis.armyfamilywebportal.co021m/
2. Click “Register.” Enter the required information and select “Register” to finish.
a. An automated email is sent to the email entered with a link and a token number.
b. Select the link in the email to verify the account.
c. On the page that appears, enter the email address and the token number.
d. Select “Verify Email
e. Login into the AFWP webpage: https://vmis.armyfamilywebportal.co021m/
f. You must complete your AFWP Profile before continuing. In the “Military Community
” line, select “Fort Bliss
f. Once complete, click on “Save.”
STEP 2 –SEEK OPPORTUNITIES
1. Select “Opportunities”
on the left-hand Dashboard.
2. Click on the ‘FILTERS
’ box at the top right page. On the filter page, select Community (Fort Bliss
), Organization Group (Leave “All”
), Organization (USASMA-Student-Staff-Faculty
), County (United States
), State (Texas
), Zip Code (Leave Blank
3. Select a position, view the details and APPLY
for a volunteer opportunity. You can apply for more multiple volunteer opportunities.
4. The Organization Point of Contact (OPOC/Dr. Hollis
) must approve your application before you can begin logging volunteer hours.
5. Follow-up with contact to the volunteer organization.
STEP 3 –LOG YOUR HOURS
1. Click on “DASHBOARD
” on the left hand navigation menu.
2. Under the ‘MY VOLUNTEERING’
heading, the Log Hours table contains a list of your active positions with boxes to enter your hours for each day of the week.
3. Use the left/right arrow buttons at the top right of the table to select the desired weekly period.
4. Enter the hours volunteered, with a 0.25-hour minimum. Your hours are automatically submitted upon entry. For technical questions about the new VMIS website, contact the centralized AFWP Help Desk.