The NCO Leadership Center of Excellence (NCOLCoE) Quality Assurance Office (QAO) conducts continuous, systematic internal and external evaluations of all NCOLCoE courses and assists TRADOC with Staff Assistant Visits (SAV) and accreditations of Noncommissioned Officer Academies worldwide IAW TRADOC’s established Army Enterprise Accreditation Standards (AEAS). QAO provides proponent leadership feedback on the Professional Military Education (PME) of NCOs to ensure proficiency and relevancy as the Army transforms during wartime
The Quality Assurance Office provides an Army at war with a professional, world class Quality Assurance Office, which supports and compliments the efforts of NCOLCoE, TRADOC, CAC, and Army University. QAO deploys warrior-focused evaluators who assist all NCOAs worldwide with a common sense approach and an assistance driven, team building attitude.
NCOLCoE’s Noncommissioned Officer Development System (NCOPDS) training and functional education programs include the Basic Leader Course (BLC), the Advanced Leader Course- Leader Core Competencies (ALC-LCC), Senior Leader Course- Leader Core Competencies (SLC-LCC), the Battle Staff Noncommissioned Officer Course (BSNCOC), the BSNCOC-VTT, Master Leader Course (MLC), Master Leader Course Distributed Learning (MLC-DL), the Sergeants Major Course-Resident (SMC-R), the SMC Nonresident Course Distributed Learning (SMC-DL), the International Military Students Pre-Course (IMSPC), the Spouses Leadership Development Course (SLDC), the Commandant’s Pre-Command Course (CPCC), Distributed Leader Course (DLC), and the SGM-A Fellowship Program.
1. Functions as the liaison between NCOLCoE, SGM-A, CAC, TRADOC and proponent school QAOs/Quality Assurance Elements (QAEs).
2. Advises the NCOLCoE Commandant and NCOLCoE Directors on the quality assurance process, exceptions to policy, requests for waivers, proponent (common core) accreditation issues, and related issues, both internal and external.
3. Plans and coordinates the annual Master Evaluation Plan.
4. Designs, elicits faculty input, and develops internal and external surveys for all assigned courses and other NCOLCoE organizations as needed. Publishes approved surveys to students via URL.
5. Serves as an evaluator on TRADOC’s Staff Assistant Visit (SAV) and Accreditation Teams for BLC, BSNCOC, BSNCOC-VTT, MLC, ALC-LCC, SLC-LCC at all NCO Academies, Reserve Component Training Battalions, and Multi-Functional Training Brigades, as applicable.
6. Conducts research and uses evaluation methodologies, statistical analysis and evaluation instruments (i.e., tests and survey instruments, field feedback questionnaires, statistical measurement and software instruments) to predict the effectiveness and efficiency of training implementation, student achievement, and relevance of training products to the operational environment.
7. Evaluates the analysis, design, development, and implementation phases of the Systems Approach to Training (SAT) to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance; monitors the identification and approval of critical tasks, the use of task analysis data as the foundation of the training, and implementation of sound management practices.
8. Analyzes concepts, plans, and actions, conducts research, coordinates information for input, and provides feedback on evaluation of training development, doctrine development, and Combat development interface, curricula, methodology, and effectiveness/efficiency of the SAT process.
9. Prepares and provides briefs and/or papers to explain, market, and justify evaluation strategies and results to internal and external agencies. Applies findings to developing new methods and procedures; makes recommendations to improve training and training development processes.
10. Plans and conducts a wide range of validity and reliability studies and surveys of training course design and materials; evaluates for applicability, adequacy, technical accuracy, and accomplishment of training objectives.
11. Resolves systemic problems by conducting surveys, collecting and interpreting interview data, and establishing/participating with small groups to resolve problems and/or improve processes and products.
12. Designs, develops, distributes, analyzes and summarizes questionnaires for course evaluation, including both in-house questionnaires and questionnaires sent to graduates in the field.
NCOLCoE Instructor/Facilitator Certification Program (ICP), Effective 1 March 2020 – To view the document, please visit the Documents section of the page.
Please visit our Contact Us page to reach the Quality Assurance Office.